Establishing a NGO
In this section, we point largely to what we think NGOs must know about the legal structures that may be used to establish an organisation and how to register these structures, in line with regulations laid out in the Nonprofit Organisations Act of 1997.
- What is the NPO Act meant to do?
- Laws which facilitate access to funding for the NGO sector?
- Why establish a NGO?
- NGO structures – what legal options are available?
- What is a founding document and why does a NGO need one?
- Established vs registered – what is registration?
- Registering as a Nonprofit Organisation (NPO) – the role of NPO Directorate?
- Registering as a Nonprofit Organisation (NPO): why, with whom and how?
- Registering as a Public Benefit Organisation (PBO): why, with whom and how?
- What reporting does a NPO and PBO need to submit, when, where?